From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT? Samba/LDAP Hell
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:16:25
1 On Sunday 30 July 2006 02:14, gentuxx wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > This is slightly off topic for this list, but I thought I might get
5 > some response from the "braintrust". ;-)
6 >
7 > A while back I started to configure samba to work with LDAP. I got as
8 > far as configuring slapd.conf and entering a "tickler" user. Now, I
9 > can't connect to any of my samba shares. Looking in the samba logs,
10 > when the daemon starts, it's still trying to connect to the ldap
11 > server to get the security.tbd. I've verified /etc/samba/smb.conf,
12 > /etc/conf.d/samba, and /etc/pam.d/samba and none contain any reference
13 > to ldap. But something is obviously still telling samba to use ldap.
14 >
15 > In an effort to get things working, I started with a *very* basic
16 > smb.conf, but still no joy. Here's the global section:
17 >
18 > [global]
19 > log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
20 > workgroup = HOME
21 > debug level = 10
22 > server string = gentoo
23 >
24 What version of samba? I am having fits with 3.0.23a, and authentication. I
25 can't get any shares to authenticate except [public]. Nothing in the logs
26 really giving a hint either, and not using ldap. I wonder if there is a
27 problem we have made in gentoo? somewhere, PAM?....
28
29 Mike
33 Michael W. Holdeman
37 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |
38 Kernel 2.6.15-ck2 |
39 VMWare Workstation 5.5.1 vmware.com |
40 Win4LinPro 6.1.1-03 win4lin.com |
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list