From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to change drivers?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:02:46
1 Hi,
2 I have a Linksys WPC54G wireless card - Network controller: Broadcom
3 Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
4 and I been using Ndiswrapper with no problems. The thing is that I can't use
5 kismet with windoze drivers.. so, I've heard that I could use Orinoco driver
6 with this card, though I found in many sites that with Broadcom chips the
7 only way was Windoze drivers! If I knew this detail before, I'd never have
8 bought this bloody card...
9
10 However, if I load orinico instead ndiswrapper, when I try to use the card,
11 ndiswrapper is loaded automatically... so, how can I make my card use
12 Orinoco drivers? Or am I just going for something hopeless here?
13
14 Thanks!
15 Fernando