From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old EEE PC 1000
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 01:13:08
1 On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 18:05:44 -0700, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I have an old Asus EEE PC 1000 and I don't think it will run Gentoo, it
4 > would be too slow to compile anything.
5
6 I had one of those when they weren't so old. It will definitely run
7 Gentoo, in fact the configurability of Gentoo makes it good for low
8 powered machines. Compiling it is a different matter, I used a chroot on
9 a faster machine to build binary packages.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Electrocution, n.:
16 Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.