From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udevd boot messages
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 23:53:55
1 On Friday 25 May 2012 21:13:14 pk wrote:
2
3 > app-portage/elogviewer is also nice... :-)
4
5 I thought I'd give this a try, but after installing it and its two
6 dependencies (pygtk and libglade - this is a KDE box) I get this:
7
8 $ elogviewer --help
9 File "/usr/local/bin/elogviewer", line 11
10 """
11 ^
12 SyntaxError: invalid syntax
13
14 I messed about with that file but couldn't make the syntax work, so I ran
15 "emerge -Cav elogviewer" and the file was left behind. Qfile and "equery b
16 /usr/local/bin/elogviewer" turned nothing up so I deleted the file.
17
18 Now, after remerging elogviewer and the two dependencies I get this:
19
20 $ elogviewer --help
21 bash: /usr/local/bin/elogviewer: No such file or directory
22
23 What's going on here? Where did that file come from originally, and why
24 is it not being installed now? I've retrieved it from a backup, but how
25 did it get in there? It dates from 2007!
26
27 Maybe it's just too late at night.
30 Rgds
31 Peter