From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LXDE startup error
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 01:31:06
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 17 Mar 2017 15:57:14 I wrote:
3 >
4 >> So it looks as though something hasn't been installed right. I'm running
5 >> an emerge -e world at the moment to see if I can pick something up from
6 >> it.
7 > Hasn't made the slightest difference, so I've decided to show LXDE the door:
8 > it clearly isn't ready for use by mere mortals such as I'm fast decaying
9 > into ;0
10 >
11 > A pity, because I wanted a lightweight desktop via which to manage a web
12 > development server, one with as few opportunities for being hacked as
13 > practicable.
14 >
15 > Maybe XFCE will do better. Or maybe the panel can offer other suggestions...
19 I use Fluxbox as a backup desktop. It's very, extremely, fast last I
20 ran it. It's tiny last I checked too. I'm not sure how it compares to
21 XFCE tho. It may be smaller.
22
23 Just thought I would throw out one more idea, in case you end up needing it.
24
25 Dale
26