From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wrong keyboard map in Fluxbox
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:43:20
1 On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Marco <listworks@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have a fresh installation of gentoo with fluxbox. I added "exec
5 > startfluxbox" to my ~/.xinitrc and set the DISPLAYMANAGER variable in
6 > /etcconf.d/xdm to use slim.
7 >
8 > When I start my machine now, when slim starts a wrong keymap is set.
9 > This is also the case in fluxbox after login. If I stop X and restart
10 > it using startx, the key mapping is correct.
11 >
12 > Any ideas on how slim interferes with the keymap and how to solve that?
13 >
14 > Thanks a lot for your help!
15
16 I don't know the reason why, but maybe as a workaround you can put
17 xmodmap in your .xinitrc file.