From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unwelcomed non-native language support
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 19:14:41
1 2015-05-30 18:56 GMT+03:00 <rhannek@×××.de>:
2 > On 30/05/15 16:56, gevisz wrote:
3 >>
4 >> 2015-05-30 15:02 GMT+03:00 gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
5 >>>
6 >>>
7 >>> So, I can update the system and see if the unneeded
8 >>> gettext package will be emerged again. :-)
11 >> Yes, it was merged back. Why
12 >>
13 >> ... to keep an unneeded dependency in the portage tree?
14 >>
15 > Because some package needs gettext.
16
17 None of my two-fullscreen dependency packages really need it.
18
19 > You might check if upstream or the ebuild can be patched
20 > to make the dependency optional or search for alternatives.
21
22 Good advice. :)
23
24 I have to read the dev's manual first, I guess.
25
26 Anyway, I was intended to do it someday, when I'll have some
27 free time during the winter...