From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 08:24:31
1 On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:39:06 AM CEST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 May 2020 08:44:08 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > I have a few different pi's and similar Odroid arm systems running
4 > > Gentoo on sdcards - the failure rate is a real and constant problem (and
5 > > seems worse on pi's no matter what brand/type of sdcard so keep an up to
6 > > date spare+backups) and I am thinking of doing a disk-less NFS using the
7 > > a minimal sdcard image. Has advantages in centralised management and
8 > > using small cheap sdcards with possibly better performance.
9 >
10 > I'm moving over to using Balena on Pis wherever possible. N more keeping
11 > track of multiple different SD card backup images and easy centralised
12 > management.
13
14 Do you have a simple howto for this?
15 What I see when I quickly check, it only mentions docker.
18 Joost