From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: default stage3
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:23:53
1 On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:28:26 +0100, Matthias Langer wrote:
2
3 > > As I understand it, the first time you recompile new toolchain with
4 > > your old toolchain, and then the 2nd time you're recompiling the
5 > > toolchain with the new toolchain, with the idea that the new toolchain
6 > > will compile/assemble/link/etc everything in a different way than the
7 > > old toolchain.
8 > >
9 > > Please correct if I'm wrong.
10 >
11 > I would suggest 'emerge -uD gcc && emerge -e world'; This should
12 > recompile the new toolchain with the new toolchain and be considerably
13 > faster.
14
15 The first command won't do anything, -D doesn't take account of of USE or
16 CFLAG changes.
17
18 emerge -e system && emerge -e world might be better, but there are scripts
19 on the forums that recompile just what you need, in the best order, such
20 as; http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-282474.html
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 I came, I saw, I had no idea what was going on, I left.