From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Is Google getting evil?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:58:46
1 Sorry for all the OT posts today. I am having problems with my ISP and
2 I am not doing much work. :-)
3
4 Anyway, I just found out something about Google Groups. I normally post
5 through my ISP, however as I just stated, issues caused me to look up
6 this gentoo group on Google groups. It can be found here:
7 http://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.user
8
9 Go to the link above on Google, click on any topic. At the top of the
10 topic you will see the From: line. At the end of that line there is a
11 link named "View Profile". Click on that.
12
13 Wow. Google shows a list of every group it finds your email in and
14 displays it in a drop down. I guess People should think twice about
15 using their real contact information, name/email, in a group.
16
17 Am I the only one that is bothered by this? Or should I remove some of
18 the tinfoil layers from around my head? :-)
19
20 Jim
21 --
23 There's no place like 127.0.0.1