From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: migrating disks (from mounts to disklabels
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:50:49
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Apparently, though unproven, at 23:59 on Wednesday 17 November 2010, James did
4 > opine thusly:
5 >
6 >> Hello,
7 >>
8 >> I have a ~250 gig sata disk I want to migrate to a 2T
9 >> Sata disk. This is simple, but, I have a few caveats.
10 [...]
11 > Now just rsync everything in /mnt/sda* to the right place in /mnt/sdb
12
13 Some weeks ago, I did this kind of migration. I ended up using good ol'
14 tar - after lots of research, it was the only way I found to be sure
15 hard links would still be linked in the new filesystem.
16
17 IIRC, rsync does not deal with hard links, or am I mistaken?
20 Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
21 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg