From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local overlay problem
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:07:38
1 Am 01.02.2013 03:41, schrieb Philip Webb:
2 > Firefox 17.0.2 requires alsa-lib , which I don't want as I don't use sound;
3 > this is still the case with USE="-alsa".
4 >
5 > I want to test what happens if I try to compile it without that dep,
6 > so I copied the ebuild to /var/lib/layman/local/www-client/firefox/
7 > & commented the relevant line to remove the RDEPEND.
8 > When I then tried 'ebuild <newpkgname>...ebuild manifest',
9 > it started to download xillions of little .xpi files into distfiles ,
10 > apparently 1 for each of the World's many languages
11 > (this didn't happen at my last 'eix-sync').
12
13 What about not using the local overlay and simply do emerge --nodeps
14 firefox and see what happens? I know, crude.... but simple :)