From: "João Jerónimo" <joao.jeronimo.89@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networkmanager on uclibc Gentoo system x86
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 22:58:54
1 Em 08/07/2014 21:39, J. Roeleveld escreveu:
2 > On 8 July 2014 18:49:19 CEST, "João Jerónimo" <joao.jeronimo.89@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I installed the uclibc stage3 tarball no a x86 machine (I chose uclibc
4 >> because the PC has only 256 MB of RAM). I'm currently trying to install
5 >> NetworkManager, but I ran into a problem, which is: NetworkManager
6 >> needs 'policykit' USE flag to be applyed to consolekit package. This
7 >> pulls-in policykit package as a dependency of consolekit, which in turn
8 >> doesn't compile because it calls some funcions that uclibc doesn't
9 >> implement.
10 >>
11 >> Can't I install networkmanager in uclibc systems, then?
12 > Didn't check the ebuilds, but with what you described. I don't think you can use NetworkManager with uclibc.
13 >
14 > Apart from that. With only 256MB memory. I would be reluctant to use tools with large dependencies.
15 Thanks.
16 But... That sucks...
17 Can you tell me if there is an alternative to NetworkManager?
18 Or else, can wpa_supplicant connect to networks that are not statically
19 configured in config files?
20
21 JJ