From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: app-text/xpdf
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:49:12
1 > Is there an alternative which doesn't require eg 'kdelibs' or similar ?
2 > In my netbook, Xpdf is the only method I have of reading PDFs,
3 > as I use Fluxbox & don't have KDE installed at all.
4
5 It should not stop you from trying okular (kdelibs based)
6 and evince (libgnome based). They are really neat.
7
8 For lightweight variants you might like to look at
9 app-text/epdfview and app-text/gsview or at some
10 pdf->something converter.
14 Sergei