From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new user can't run X apps
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:15:32
1 On 5/6/10, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> I created a new user with useradd but I get X errors like "cannot open
3 >>> display" and "cannot connect to X server" when I try to run X apps as
4 >>> the new user. I've tried restarting with the same results. Does
5 >>> anyone know why this is happening?
6 >>
7 >> Is the user in the video group?
8 >
9 > Yes, I should have said that.
10
11 How have you set up the X session for the users? Is it specified,
12 e.g., in /etc/env.d/90xsession or in some user-specific configuration
13 files that only the other one would have?
14
15 Does anything exceptional appear in Xorg.log?
16
17 (As you can notice, I'm just guessing and shooting in the dark here.)
20 Arttu V.