From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FAN-Speed readout/control ???
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:56:48
1 On Sunday 12 December 2010 06:25:21 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hallo,
3 >
4 > I want to read the fan speed and want to control it with gentoo.
5 >
6 > My motherboard is a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula.
7 >
8 > lm_sensors does not report any relevant sensor.
9 >
10 > Does anyone got this working on this or an equivalent board with 890FX
11 > chipset?
12 >
13 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
14 > Best regards
15 > mcc
16
17 build all sensor drivers AND all transport as modules
18 run sensors-detect
19 edit lm_sensors conf in /etc/conf
20 rc-update add lm_sensors default
21 pwmconfig
22 lots of stuff
23 rc-update add fancontrol default.
24
25 There are some problems with asus boards. They need some acpi support - and if
26 they can do the fancontrol you have to deactivate that in the bios (google!).
27
28 I used fancontrol with all my asrock boards.
29 With my Asus board I am using the bios control, because it works pretty well.
30 And always. And for all three fans connected. Even the ones connected with
31 3pin connectors.