From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo linux in hp proliant DL 360
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:01:24
1 On 02 August 2006 08:16, Shain Lee wrote:
2 > hi ,
3 >
4 > I have a hp proliant DL 360 server. actually i tried to install RedHat
5 > linux 9 and fedora core 5 . Those Os's are giving me major problems . But
6 > RedHat linux 9 , some extend it's good . I could manage to install .
7 > Actually , i would like to ask you guys , whether gentoo linux can we
8 > instal without any problems to that particular machine ? If it's possible ,
9 > can u give me a little guide ? does current gentoo version supports for
10 > server capabilities ?
11
12 I did install gentoo on a DL360 (one Xeon,SCSI but no RAID) without any
13 problems. Actually, I wouldn't know what special guide to give. It went
14 completely smoothly.
15
16 What are your problems?
17
18 Uwe
21 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
22 http://www.SysEx.com.na
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list