From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convert quickpkg of udev-171-r10 to local overlay...
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:06:58
1 On 31/03/13 at 12:41pm, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Googled and can't seem to find an answer to this...
3 >
4 > I've had FEATURES="buildpkg" for some time on my system, so I already
5 > have udev-171-r10 quickpkg'd...
6 >
7 > But for the life of me, I can't seem to find instructions for how to
8 > convert /usr/portage/packages/sys-fs/udev-171-r10.tbz2 to an ebuild that
9 > I can then add to my local overlay...
10 >
11 > Can this be done with the quickpkg command, or some other portage
12 > tool/command? Or do I have to
13 >
14 > Anyone know how to do this?
15 >
16 > I'm basically using this udev event to learn a little about how quickpkg
17 > works, so, since udev-171 is no longer in the portage tree, I want to
18 > convert my quickpkg of it to an ebuild in my local overlay so my mask
19 > will work again... then I'll back everything up, and do the update to
20 > udev...
21
22 Although that is sort of possible that's not how your supposed to use binary
23 packages with portage. What you need to do is add the original ebuild for
24 udev-171 to your local overlay as is. Then run emerge using the -g
25 option see man emerge. For more info on bin packages see
26
27 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
31 - Yohan Pereira
32
33 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
34 between a mermaid and a seal.
35 -- Mark Twain