From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 04:13:36
1 I see that KDE 3.5 finally made it out of testing. I plan to upgrade to
2 it but since it is slotted, I'll have to unmerge 3.4 first. No problem,
3 but I think I will then have to recompile all non-kde but related apps,
4 such a k3b, that were compiled against the old libraries. Right?
5
6 Using "equery useflag kde", I found k3b and amarok (and gnome-libs ????).
7
8 So, my question is: Is this all? I can't believe these are all the
9 semi-kde apps there are? Does the fact that it does not use the kde
10 flag guarantee that it does not need the kde libraries?
11
12 Course, I guess I could blithely go along and as apps crash, I'll find
13 the others.
14
15 Tony
16 --
17 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
18 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
19 -- Benjamin Franklin
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list