From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - compiling avidemux-2.3.0 (not Gentoo specific
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:11:04
1 I'm trying to install the lastest version of avidemux, downloaded from
2 their website. The compilation instructions said to run configure with
3
4 --with-jsapi-include=<location of spidermonkey>
5
6 and
7
8 --with-newfaad
9
10 for Gentoo.
11
12 I keep trying, but it won't work and I don't understand why. Here's the
13 error I'm getting on configure:
14
15 checking spidermonkey engine ... using : : as extra flags
16 checking jsapi.h usability... no
17 checking jsapi.h presence... no
18 checking for jsapi.h... no
19 configure: WARNING: I did not find a working copy of jsapi.h and the
20 associated library.
21 configure: WARNING: <1>- Not reachable : Make sure you have spidermonkey
22 installed
23 configure: WARNING: Then use --with-jsapi-include=/path/to/jsapi.h/
24 configure: WARNING: <2>- Make sure the library is in your
25 LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or LDFLAGS
26 configure: WARNING: <3>- Make sure multithreading is enabled in your
27 spidermonkey
28 configure: WARNING: The ones from mozilla-dev or firefox-dev are ok
29 configure: error: *** Working SPIDERMONKEY javascript engine not found !
30 ***
33 This is how I'm running it:
34
35 michael@camille avidemux_2.3.0 $ ./configure --with-newfaad
36 --with-jsapi-include=/usr/include/js
37
38 As you can see from ls:
39
40 michael@camille avidemux_2.3.0 $ ls /usr/include/js
41 js.msg jsbool.h jsdbgapi.h jshash.h jsobj.h
42 jspubtd.h jsstr.h
43 jsapi.h jsclist.h jsdhash.h jsinterp.h jsopcode.h
44 jsregexp.h jstypes.h
45 jsarena.h jscntxt.h jsdtoa.h jslibmath.h jsopcode.tbl jsscan.h
46 jsxdrapi.h
47 jsarray.h jscompat.h jsemit.h jslock.h jsosdep.h
48 jsscope.h prmjtime.h
49 jsatom.h jsconfig.h jsexn.h jslong.h jsotypes.h
50 jsscript.h resource.h
51 jsautocfg.h jscpucfg.h jsfun.h jsmath.h jsparse.h
52 jsshell.msg
53 jsbit.h jsdate.h jsgc.h jsnum.h jsprvtd.h
54 jsstddef.h
57 So why isn't it taking? Am I not using it correctly?
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list