From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dhcp woes
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:37:25
1 Hi. On several of my gentoo workstations, I'm using a kernel generated
2 from genkernel together with autoconfig to autodetect the machine
3 hardware.
4 I'm having a few problems with dhcp. On some machines, when starting
5 net.eth0 complains that dhcpcd is already active, and refuses to go
6 up. It seemed autoconfig was trying to get an ip address on its own.
7 So, I got 'nodhcp' in kernel parameters to avoid it.
8 autoconfig now doesn't broadcast for ip address and lets net.eth0 do
9 its work. However, autoconfig is overwriting my /etc/conf.d/net,
10 commenting out the 'iface_eth0' line. I don't see any way to avoid
11 this apart from editting the autoconfig script itself (which doesn't
12 seem to be the Right Thing to do).
13
14 What can I be missing?
17 Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora | Email: bruno@×××××××.net
18 Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477
19 Rio de Janeiro - Brazil |
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list