From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS setting for Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHZ stepping 08
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:13:07
1 On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 01:31:32AM +1000, Richard Watson wrote
2 > I've just got a new laptop I'm installing Gentoo on and was wondering if
3 > anyone could advise on the CFLAG setting I'm using. The CPU is a
4 > Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHZ stepping 08. Currently I've set
5 > CFLAGS="-02 -mcpu=pentium -pipe"
6
7 Boot that machine with any linux distro, install CD, rescue CD,
8 whatever, and issue the command...
9
10 cat /proc/cpuinfo
11
12 Post the output here and we can help you, and you can learn how to help
13 yourself in future. The "flags" line is the most useful portion of the
14 output.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
18 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
19 --