From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration - caveat
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:44:25
1 from my recent experience, a caveat if you're using GPT to partition your
2 disk and intend to boot from it: grub won't install on the disk (at least
3 if you have an old plain BIOS system, i understand this doesn't happen with
4 UEFI ??? ).
5
6 when i tried to run grub2-install i got this error message:
7
8 "this GPT partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition"
9
10 so i had to re-partition the disk and create a small partition at the
11 beginning without file system and with the bios_grub flag activated.
12
13 after that grub installed OK, and i can boot from my GPT partitioned SSD.
14
15 i don't know if this can be of use to somebody.
16
17 best,
20 lj