From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:40:54
1 On 18/04/2013 00:34, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 04/17/13 22:26, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I agree, like actually provide more information when you mention that
5 >> after using $$RANDOM_TOOL it doesn't work on another system either.
6 >> In these cases, knowing what $$RANDOM_TOOL actually ended up doing would
7 >> really help.
8 >>
9 >>> Start with the short list of three items in my other mail.
10 >>>
11 >>> I promise you, and this is important, until you provide that information
12 >>> we will all keep going around in circles (unless you hit random pay
13 >>> dirt) and your printing will continue to not work.
14 >>
15 >> --
16 >> Joost Roeleveld
17 >
18 > When I start "evince" from a command line and try to print to pdf file I
19 > get:
20 >
21 > (evince:18927): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
22 > pango_layout_set_text()
28 Did you do a Google search on that error, and if so, what did you
29 conclude from reading the various hits you got?
34 Alan McKinnon
35 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com