From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:22:33
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:30:41 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
4 >
5 > > If we're going to be shoved into tight space like this, I'd be nice if
6 > > the "you can just use $x" tools work on stable. I've got three
7 > > previously-working systems at home I can't risk rebooting right now
8 > > because of this udev+/usr nonsense. I almost invariably put /usr and
9 > > /home on top of LVM, RAID or both.
10 >
11 > Only the testing udev needs an initramfs now, so it doesn't really matter
12 > yet. However, it would be nice if dracut were stabilised at least a week
13 > before udev-18* to give time to play with it. It certainly needs to be
14 > stabilised before the news announcement of udev-18* going stable.
17 With the latest genkernel, my initrd mounts /usr, however the fsck is
18 never done because its mounted -- any solution for this?
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici