From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modifying timezone
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:50:40
1 equery f sys-libs/timezone-data|grep bin
2
3 zdump -v /etc/localtime gives what your system is currently doing
4
5 zic allows you to create your own info.
6
7 The pollies did that here in Western Australia as well - a couple of
8 weeks notice. Within a day or so of the legislation passing, one of the
9 local Universities made the files available. Within a couple of weeks,
10 an official gentoo update with the changes came through.
11
12 It was nice being able to sit back and laugh at the windows losers
13 trying to cope (which they didnt do very well!!!!)
14
15 BillK