From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update-desktop-database gives ... lacks MimeType
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:04:03
1 Roy Wright wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sep 15, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> When I do I get dozens of lines of applications lacking a MimeType key.
6 >> Here are the first few.
7 >>
8 >> allan gottlieb # update-desktop-database --verbose
9 >> Search path is now: [/usr/local/share/applications,
10 >> /usr/share/applications]
11 >> Could not create cache file in directory
12 >> '/usr/local/share/applications':
13 >> Error opening directory '/usr/local/share/applications': No such
14 >> file or directory
15 >> File '/usr/share/applications/gksu.desktop' lacks MimeType key
16 >> File '/usr/share/applications/yelp.desktop' lacks MimeType key
17 >> File '/usr/share/applications/reclevel.desktop' lacks MimeType key
18 >> File '/usr/share/applications/meld.desktop' lacks MimeType key
19 >>
20 >> I googled but only found msgs where things were failing.
21 >>
22 >> Should I be concerned about the lack of MimeType keys and if so what
23 >> should I do about it.
26 > For grins, I ran the command and received a lot of the same messages
27 > (probably all the kde4 apps and a few dozen non-kde4). So I'll second
28 > the OP's RFI...
29 >
30 > TIA,
31 > Roy
36 For giggles I did the same thing. Bring a dump truck because I have
37 both KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.3 installed. It is a loooooooooong list of the
38 same. I can post them if needed but don't really see the need to post a
39 big message.
40
41 x86 with little unstable installed except for KDE4. Maybe this is
42 "normal"?
43
44 Dale
45