From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config power-saving arcana; and getting acpi working.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:33:15
1 On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:48:55 -0800, Robert Persson wrote:
2
3 > Some while back I was trying to get power saving working fully on my
4 > desktop box and I found people talking about swsusp (as opposed to
5 > swsusp2) being part of the official kernel sources. This puzzled me
6 > greatly because I have never come across this option when configuring a
7 > kernel. In the end I resigned myself to it being just one of those
8 > things.
9
10 Type / followed by susp while in make menuconfig to find it. Just
11 browsing the options won't necessarily find what you want, because some
12 only appear when others are enabled, whereas the search function shows
13 all matching options, and tells you what else you need to enable.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.