From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome intrusion?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:50:13
1 On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Am Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:32:59 +0000
3
4 >> --config-file=/usr/share/defaults/at-spi2/accessibility.conf --nofork
5 >> --print-address 3
6 >> 417 ? Sl 0:00 /usr/libexec/at-spi2-registryd
9 > Try uninstalling a a11y related software, disable the accessibility use
10 > flag... at-spi2 launches its own dbus - it should go away if you
11 > disable a11y features. Opera triggers starting these through dbus, and
12 > they will try to bind to Gnome or KDE sessions.
13 >
14 > I have these, too, in my systems because some packages unconditionally
15 > pull in a11y features although I disabled all related useflags.
16 >
17 I don't know what a11y is... If you mean nls-related stuff, it is
18 already off, just like the accessibility USE flag. But
19 app-accessibility/at-spi2-atk is pulled by gtk+, unconditionally, so
20 there is nothing I can do about it, I guess. It is not ebuild fault
21 either, it's an upstream choice.
22 I also would love to get rid of dbus, but I suppose something
23 essential would break.
24
25 Thanks
26