From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updating ati-drivers
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 01:57:34
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > It's been a long time since I update ati-drivers.
5 > I forgot all of the steps you have to manually perform
6 > after updating ati-drivers. I cannot seem to locate
7 > the wiki I followed last time. Since I only admin
8 > one system with ati-drivers, could somebody point me
9 > to current docs (wiki) or list the steps I need to follow?
10
11 Is this what you want?
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
14
15 At the bottom of the page, there is a link that will bring up this page:
16
17 http://odin.prohosting.com/wedge01/gentoo-radeon-faq.html
18
19 I used these and was able to install ATI drivers on this computer and my
20 old laptop, no problem. Unfortunately, my new laptop uses nvidia.
21
22 HTH
23
24 Regards,