From: Peter Alfredsen <peteralf@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg -configure fails
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:41:04
1 On Monday 29 January 2007, James Colby wrote:
2 > List members -
3 >
4 > I am trying to install gentoo on an older HP pc. I am at the point in
5 > the handbook when I'm trying to configure X. When I run the command
6 > Xorg -configure it is failing with the following error message:
7
8 The moon has entered a cycle unfortuitous for xorg --configure. Please use
9 xorgcfg instead to get a working X11, then tune from the many xorg.confs
10 floating around.
11 Caveat: Depending on how old your video card is, ati-drivers may not support
12 it. Use radeon DRI/mesa instead.
17 /PA
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list