From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange dmesg output - RESOLVED
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 01:50:59
1 >> So, since in the digital world, things don't "just happen", can
2 >> someone enlighten me, or anyone else who's interested, in the
3 >> connection between the scrollback buffer and usb-storage, if any?
6 > There isn't a connection. Why do you think there is one?
7
8 Because, before the scrollback buffer was configured, when I ran
9 $dmesg|less the output, ie more that 2700 lines, that came up in the
10 console, all started with 'usb-storage'. After configuring the
11 scrollback buffer, there may have been a few usb-console lines but
12 certainly not 2700, and nothing else, one right after another.
13
14 I understand it makes no sense to say there is a connection but that
15 is what I saw.
16
17 It may have been intermittant. I notice with successive reboots of
18 2.6.30, /dev/sdb1,2, which contain /home and /var are sometimes not
19 found and not mounted; sometimes not found but mounted anyways;
20 sometimes found and mounted as per /etc/fstab. If it happens enough
21 times, I suppose a pattern will emerge but I haven't seen it yet.
22
23 mw