From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem install Gentoo on New Laptop - Solved
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 03:04:36
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 30. April 2007 schrieb ext Graham Murray:
3 >> Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com> writes:
4 >>> Sata support may not be enough. Since all the SATA stuff has been put
5 >>> into the SCSI subsystem, you would need support for SCSI disks (and
6 >>> maybe CDRoms as well):
7 >> In the latest kernels, SATA is no longer in the SCSI subsystem but has
8 >> been 'split' into its own libata subsystem.
9
10 Thanks so much to everyone who replied to this thread. I *had* missed
11 something when compiling the kernel. I paid attention to all responses
12 and the suggestions made caused me to pay closer attention to my kernel
13 selections and this paid off.
14
15 Regards,
16