From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 20:26:02
1 Thelma
5 Regards,
6 Joseph Kmiec
7 Sys. Concept Inc. http://www.sysconcept.ca
8 p: 866-479-1270 / 780-479-1270 ext.55
9 f: 780-471-5665 | GPG KeyID: 7B4A78C2
10
11 On 09/01/2015 10:57 PM, wraeth wrote:
12 > On 02/09/15 14:24, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
13 >> On 09/01/2015 08:57 PM, wraeth wrote:
14 >>> On 02/09/15 12:23, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
15 >>>
16 >>>> He was told what the problem was on his first post about
17 >>>> libjpeg-turbo, he didn't just ignore it but posted the wrong
18 >>>> solution with a big SOLVED on the subject that only serves to
19 >>>> mislead future users of this list. On his last post about this
20 >>>> same error (different package) I politely told him to go back
21 >>>> and follow the advise on that post, again he ignored it and
22 >>>> posted a bogus solution (it worked because he rebuilt tiff,
23 >>>> perl had nothing to do with it). revdep-rebuild may (or may
24 >>>> not) fix it now, but the right solution is to remove or fix the
25 >>>> obsolete package to depend on virtual/jpeg, update world
26 >>>> properly, and then revdep-rebuild to undo this mess.
27 >
28 >> Apology if I didn't most enough information. I know should have
29 >> post "emerge --info" but when it comes to error log. It is very,
30 >> very long and email wouldn't be able to accept it; so I cat the
31 >> ending message as this is the point it stop compiling.
32 >
33 > For large files, you can either paste the file to a pastebin service
34 > and give us the URL, compress it with gzip or bzip2 and attach that,
35 > or give us the last 250 lines or so.
36 >
37 > The reason for this is because the error you see in the logs may not
38 > be the first error or the one that is causing the build to fail - the
39 > more information we have, the more information available to help
40 > resolve an issue.
41 >
42 > Either way, no harm done.
43 >
44 >> Emergeing "x11-libs/wxGTK" did not help.
45 >
46 > I haven't been following along with the threads, but as far as I
47 > understand there's an obsolete package that has a dependency that
48 > conflicts with newer packages. If that's the case, you would need to
49 > deal with that obsolete package.
50 >
51 > There's also been suggestion of using revdep-rebuild - have you tried
52 > that?
53
54 Thank you all for your suggestions I receive it, I'll try to follow them
55 through and see if I get a positive result to this error.
56
57 I've tried to post a "log" file to the http://pastebin.com/ you
58 suggested but I can only paste the limited size file (not upload it).
59 Since the txt file is 7.4Mb in size, I can not paste it.
60 Though, I have compress the file as tar.gz (so it is only 267kB)
61 here is the link:
62
63 http://www.sysconcept.ca/audacity_error.tar.gz
64
65 If somebody whats to look at it, I appreciate it.
66 Meanwhile, I'll be following other folks suggestion and see if I can get
67 a positive result to this error.
68
69 Thelma