From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Official Gentoo MythTV Install Guide: never installs mythtv
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:47:00
1 I'm about to have a go at replacing my dedicated Knoppmyth
2 FE/BE box with a backend on my "general purpose" Gentoo desktop
3 and a dedicated diskless frontend on an Intel Mac Mini.
4
5 Towards that end I'm looking at the "Official Gentoo MythTV
6 Install Guide" at
7
8 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/mythtv/
9
10 I don't see anywhere in the process that mythtv is actually
11 installed.
12
13 Am I missing something?
14
15 Is that document "no longer operative"? If so, it's
16 unfortunate that it's the first hit returned by Google for the
17 query gentoo http://www.google.com/search?q=gentoo+mythtv
18
19 [I think most of us great unwashed would presume a document
20 found on gentoo.org entitled the "official install guide" would
21 in fact be the official install guide...]
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are we laid back yet?
25 at
26 visi.com