From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage has 0 debugging support for binary emerges
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 13:47:13
1 On 4/3/21 10:03 PM, n952162 wrote:
2 > I find no clue why the binary packages on my server aren't being picked
3 > up.  The --debug option  (and --verbose, naturally) has no additional
4 > information.  Running the --getbinpkgonly stops immediately, saying 0
5 > packages are selected.
6 >
7 > I found one problem: on my server, my apache log file had a 302 fetch
8 > error for /var/cache/binpkgs/Packages.  I touched it a few hours into
9 > the future and started getting a 200 for it.  But still no emerge would
10 > fetch a binary (even though there ARE good candidates).  On a guess, I
11 > touched all the files in binpkgs an hour into the future, but that
12 > didn't help.
13 >
14 > Binary updates are VERY useful for virtual machines.
18 Unfortunately, there hasn't really been a resolution on this issue.
19
20 I think it's reasonable that if portage accesses a package on a binary
21 server and decides it's not eligible, it should report the reason for
22 rejecting it.
23
24 Is it possible to make requests for improvements in gentoo?