From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Backlight problems
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:34:31
1 On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >   acpi_listen on n-ArrowUp/Dn does produce a response so maybe I
4 > don't have something properly mapped?
5 <SNIP>
6
7 It seems that on this Asus laptop the Fn-Arrow keys are mapped to
8 audio events of some type. (Reading xev responses) Looking at my
9 keyboard visually and interpreting the symbols it appears that the
10 following key are what Asus intended for keyboard and monitor
11 brightness:
12
13 Fn-F3 - Keyboard brightness down
14 Fn-F4 - Keyboard brightness up
15 Fn-F5 - Monitor brightness down
16 Fn-F6 - Monitor brightness up
17
18 In acpi_listen all 4 keys produce events
19
20 In xev only the keyboard brightness keys do anything. xev remains mute
21 when trying the monitor keys.
22
23 - Mark