From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:41:42
1 On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:57 pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:20:40 -0400 (EDT), A. Khattri wrote:
4 >
5 >> Seems to me, "very small 'n' light" is mutually exclusive with "grand
6 >> or
7 >> under".
8 >>
9 >> Unless you're interested in running GentooPPC on an iBook?
10 >
11 > Works for me, but you'll need a USB wireless adaptor, there are no
12 > drivers for the built in wireless.
13
14 This would incline me towards an IBM Stinkpad. Lots of cheap ones about
15 now that IBM have sold the brand to Lenovo & they still seem just as
16 well constructed. I believe Centrino is supported by Linux, and I
17 wouldn't expect any major problems with a Thinkpad apart from wireless.
18
19 Stroller.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list