From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my SSD dying?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 14:12:08
1 On 09/06/2017 03:01 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >> At the same time I have seen this exact situation fixed by a firmware
3 >> upgrade. Still, this seems more alarming than the other issues you've
4 >> described.
5 >
6 > Do you mean the firmware of the NVMe drive? How would I go about that? I
7 > don't see any mention of firmware on Samsung's site.
10 I mentioned the same in an earlier post, but unfortunately it seems
11 Samsung's Magician software is required to do this (Windows application.)
12
13 Dan