From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem: unprivileged user cannot use /usr/bin/crontab
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:49:10
1 Hi folks,
4 Putting the users into the cron group fixed it.
5 Okay, as it should be ;-o
6
7 In all these years I never had a system which required this.
8
9 For security reasons, this is not bad, so certain users can be
10 both allowed to have an crontab but forbidden to edit it.
11
12 But this is quite inconvenient, if you have dozens of users and
13 want to allow them all to edit their crontabs.
14
15 I would prefer an more advanced crontab(1) program, which can
16 be executed by all, but has an finer permission config. It also
17 could allow more checks (ie. via external filters ?) against
18 the to-be-installed crontab (ie. limit the amount of jobs or
19 set minimum intervals for some folks).
22 cu
23 --
24 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
25 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
26
27 phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
28 fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
29 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
31 -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list