From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and NetworkManager
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:24:44
1 On 19 July 2013 10:17, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:35:52 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
3 >
4 >> >> >> Ok. How is possible to get the post-install message of an ebuild
5 >> >> >> without re-emerge the package neither opening the log file? The
6 >> >> >> man page of emerge cannot say anything about it.
7 >
8 >> When I sad that to read the ebuild is not user friendly I thought of
9 >> that it should be a better solution to get post install message than
10 >> open the ebuild and read it. The elogv is fine for me.
11 >
12 > Elogv is a log viewer, you specifically stated that you did not wish to
13 > read the log files, hence the "read the ebuild" suggestion.
14
15 Yes, you are right. I wrote that. The meaning of that was:
16 - I don't want to open a log file manually
17 - I don't want to browse the log file to find what I need
18 - I don't want to burn my time to put raw the information into context
19 in order to it would be easy to understand
20
21 Elogv does what I described above for me. This is the reason why I say
22 that it is perfect for me.
23
24 > Although I have portage save the logs, I rarely look at them because I
25 > also have it mail them to me. That way they are easy to read and hard to
26 > ignore.
29 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
30 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
31 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell