From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chromium-72.0.3626.96 and Java
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:27:53
1 Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 13:12:29 CET schrieb Mick:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I just noticed chromium-72.0.3626.96 is bringing in Java packages as
5 > dependencies, I'd rather keep off my systems. This is caused by the new USE
6 > flag closure-compile, which I think is advertised as a good thing.
7 >
8 > Would you know if these Java dependencies are used for chromium build-time
9 > only and therefore I could unmerge them thereafter, or if they are for run-
10 > time?
11
12 The relevant dep is in BDEPEND [0], so yes, you should be able to unmerge them
13 afterwards:
14
15 BDEPEND="
16 # snip other deps
17 closure-compile? ( virtual/jre )
18 virtual/pkgconfig
19 "
20
21 [0] I was going to refer to ebuild(5), but it's currently not documented there
22 (see bug #674932), however you can find a definition in the PMS at [1].
23 [1] https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/7/pms.html#x1-680008.1
24
25 HTH
26 --
27 Marc Joliet
28 --
29 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
30 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup