From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware not running well
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:03:58
1 On 5/17/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 5/17/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > As things stand, I can start my virtual machine (the current one runs
5 > > Minix) only as root. I can start vmware as a user, but any attempt to
6 > > start my VM brings up a message about it not being able to connect
7 > > to its peer (whatever that is), and the VM does not start.
8 >
9 > Add your user to the 'vmware' group.
12 Thanks, Richard, that did the trick.
13
14 > When I run as root, things seem better, but it complains that it was
15 > > unable to extablish an IP number for the simulated ethernet card
16 > > (networking is set up for NAT).
19 I'm not sure I did anything for this, but the networking seems to have been
20 fixed, or fixed itself, or something.
21
22 Did you use the portage installation of vmware-workstation, or
23 > download direct? IME, the portage installation works much better...
26 Using the portage version.
27
28 -Richard
29 >