From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Disk usage during emerge
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 00:07:18
1 On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:42:47 -0800
2 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 03/08/2012 12:01 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > lsof | egrep '(deleted)$'
7 >
8 > From 'man grep':
9 >
10 > "Direct invocation as either egrep or fgrep is deprecated, but is
11 > provided to allow historical applications that rely on them to
12 > run unmodified."
13
14 Deprecated by whom exactly? In the opinion of the developer?
15
16 I strongly suspect that 1000s of sysadmins the world over are screaming
17 in horror and telling the deprecator to shove off right about now...
18
19 > Seems you've been promoted to the rank of Historical Application.
20 >
21 > Congratulations, and a very warm welcome to the club :)
22
23 Thank you very much!
24
25 I'll wear that badge with pride, right next to my "Pedantic
26 Old Fart" label. And I dare say our very own Mr Bothwick will be
27 standing right next to me :-)
33 Alan McKinnnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com