From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How should I keep my contacts ?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:35:01
1 On 27 Oct 2010, at 14:40, Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I'm looking for a way to keep my contacts.
4 > What I prefer is a server with database, lets say sqlite, and a front end.
5 > I need to read again the LDAP configuration, but wanted to know if there is something similar but less tedious.
6
7 AIUI CardDAV is supposed to be the new way to do this.
8
9 AIUI the idea is that you don't want users modifying LDAP data, but they might want to add notes for their contacts, and two users may have different notes, or even different phone numbers for the same contact (the person entrusts only one of the employees with their home phone number, for example).
10
11 In the Windows ecosystem Exchange handles mail, calendaring and contacts. I think the idea is that CardDAV joins IMAP and CalDAV and in offering an open-standards answer to the same problems.
12
13 Stroller.