From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:48:27
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 >>Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >>
4 >>>What would be different in the Gentoo you envision?
5 >>>
6 >>
7 > I'll bite too. ;-) On the gentoo-dev list I've heard talk of a QA feedback system so that users
8 >
9 > can report WORKSFORME on unstable packages. This will provide the data
10 > necessary to help know when packages should be marked stable.
13 > isn't that what bugs.gentoo.org is for?
16 Well, it can be, but what's really needed is a specialized QA feedback system specifically for the purpose of gathering data to determine whether or not specific ebuilds are worthy of being marked stable.
17
18 Zac
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list