From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:24:25
1 On Friday 15 August 2008 11:51:14 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Freitag, 15. August 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Friday 15 August 2008 10:26:39 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4
5 > > > any reason why you use an unreleased X? There are no new features or
6 > > > improvements. And KDE works fine with 1.4 release.
7 > >
8 > > Obviously you are not one of the unfortunate misfits who was stupid
9 > > enough to buy a new notebook with a nVidia 8 or 9 series card :-)
10 >
11 > no, but I owned a 8600GT which works fine with current stable X and
12 > stable/unstable nvidia drivers.
13 >
14 > Why should a prerelease X be needed at all?
15
16 The 8600GT most certainly does not work fine on anything using 2D. Especially
17 not KDE-4.
18
19 12 seconds to render a translucent menu is unacceptable, so I use the a beta X
20 to get improved EXA. It is better than latest release, but the gui system as a
21 whole is now less stable.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com