From: Mateus Interciso <p.zarnick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ps -e
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:52:27
1 On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:29:40 +0200, Cahn Roger wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I'm with thunar and xfce.
6 > I can't bring up cdrom or cdrw when I put in a cd or dvd. I must do it
7 > with a terminal, and then I get an icone on the desktop and it works
8 > well.
9 >
10 > In contrary, the usb-key works normally and an icone appears on the
11 > desktop and I can read what is in it.
12 >
13 > In ps -e I have hald, hald-runner and hald-addon-acpi but not
14 > hald-addon-stor
15 > This last one appears after mounting a cd, dvd or key-usb. It remains
16 > even after I have cd or key removed. But it disappears after reboot.
17 >
18 > In dev I have hdc, hdd (cdrom, cdrom1, cdrw, cdrw1, dvd, dvd1)
19 >
20 > How can I get hald-addon-stor remaining in ps -e? Thanks for your help.
21 > Roger
22
23 Roger, check the /etc/fstab option for your cdrom, it should have the
24 options noauto,ro,user .
25 Also, be sure you are on the hald and/or plugdev groups.
26 This should fix the mounting problem, but as far for hald-addon-stor, I
27 really don't know.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list