From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slow x
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:13:56
2 > hi all!
3 >
4 > My x is a bit slow. Lets say I have a minimized
5 > web browser with a page with pictures and text.
6 > If I maximize it, the drawing of the page and
7 > the widgets doesn't happen instantly, but it
8 > takes a moment.
9 > I tried ubuntu livecd, and this test was much
10 > faster, I didn't recognize any problem.
11 > dri is working, I tried playing openarena, so
12 > I think my x is configured correctly, maybe it's
13 > some kind of kernel or USE flag problem.
14 > Any of you experienced similap problem?
15 >
16 > Where should I put emerge --info output? Here or
17 > pastebin?
18 >
19 > I have a radeon 7500 , 512MB of RAM, 1,5GHz AMD
20 > and fluxbox, 1.6.5-r1 x server.
21
22 Maybe try to set "AccelMethod" "EXA" in your xorg.conf (radeon
23 section) and then restart X