From: "AR (aka AleiPhoenix)" <aleiphoenix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Acer Aspire Part 2 - Xorg
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 02:00:43
1 On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 03:43:56AM +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > now i have problems with the Xorg Server. When i start xdm (slim) the
5 > Display is blank. It come slow the login Window but then blank. When
6 > i start startxfce4 the Window come but nothing can do and all fonts
7 > are symbols.
8 >
9 > I try with the Sabayon Xorg.conf and then with this website:
10 > http://dweezil.be/aod270/ , but the result is ever the same.
11 >
12 > xorg.log > http://silviosiefke.com/xorglog.txt
13 > slim.log > slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
14 > xorg.conf > http://silviosiefke.com/xorgconf.txt
15 >
16 > lshw give for Display:
17 > id: display:0
19 > product: Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
20 > vendor: Intel Corporation
21 > physical id: 2
22 > bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
23 > version: 02
24 > width: 32 bits
25 > clock: 33MHz
26 > capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list
27 > configuration: latency = 0
28 > resources: memory : 58180000-581fffff
29 > ioport : 60c0(size=8)
30 > memory : 40000000-4fffffff
31 > memory : 58000000-580fffff
32 >
33 > id: display:1
35 > product: Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
36 > vendor: Intel Corporation
37 > physical id: 2.1
38 > bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
39 > version: 02
40 > width: 32 bits
41 > clock: 33MHz
42 > capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
43 > configuration: latency = 0
44 > resources: memory: 58100000-5817ffff
45 >
46 > Can someone help, i not know what should do and i want not miss my Gentoo.
47 >
48 > Thank you & Greetings
49 > Silvio
52 Hi, I have this netbook too. The actual CPU type is N2800 and intergrated graphic is GMA3600 so the graphics drivers in kernel support is GMA500. Do you have that enabled?
53
54 In my `make.conf`, I have `VIDEO_CARDS="intel fbdev vesa"`, and I don't have an Xorg.conf. All works well except when the system booting with extenal video output (VGA or HDMI) plugged, both LVDS and monitor gone black. But I think that won't be the problem.
58 AR (aka AleiPhoenix)
59 Twitter: @AccelReality
60 Wikipedia: AleiPhoenix
61 weblog: weblog.areverie.org